We had a big, yummy, filling, low-cal leafy green salad for lunch today.
I love it when we eat this way cause by 6 p.m. I’m not starving. I get super energy and I can tell my yoga practice is better.
While this has everything but the kitchen sink in it, the salad is so easy to assemble. I just get out a big ole mixing bowl and start throwing in the ingredients, even the items for the dressing.
Toss several times to coat everything with the avocado / oil / vinegar.
(p.s. this could be considered a variation of Whole Foods’ kale/avacado salad. Just many more ingredients, and not the use of apple cider vinegar-based dressing.)
For this Easy, Healthy, Green Kale/Avacado salad you’ll need…
– organic kale (used a big handful)
– spring mix (filled up 1/3 of the big mixing bowl)
– purple cabbage (1/4 of a small head, chopped fine)
– Mann’s organic broccoli coleslaw (used about 1/2 handful)
– 1/2 cup homemade kidney beans (from the freezer, I had cooked these up last week)
– 1/2 cup diced organic Roma tomatoes (they had been on sale at Whole Foods)
– 2 tablespoons diced purple onion
– 1 cup grilled brocolli (I had leftovers from the weekend)
– handful spinach
– half medium-sized avocado
– spicy tamari pumpkin seeds
(I get the pumpkin seeds from Whole Foods’ bulk area. I used half tablespoon on mine and half on George’s.)
Items to dress salad (just throw these in the mixing bowl too):
– 2 tablespoons golden balsamic vinegar (Napa Valley Naturals)
– 1 tablespoon extra light tasting olive oil (Pompeian Brand)
– squeeze half lemon
– sea salt and cracked black pepper (a few small dashes here and there)