bathroom remodel, getting the foundation right austin texas this old house, install led recessed lights cans, kitchen remodel, pest control, pier and beam 1929 bungalow austin texas, working with an architect general contractor this old house
It’s been a crazy busy week at the house…and when I think about where we are netting out, I’m proud that George and I haven’t totally lost it.
- Traps were set in the attic and crawl space. (And we already have proof that it worked!! They LOVE Peanut Butter.)
- A new door with a concrete footer was made and installed.
- The hole around the water heater line was plugged up.
- Trim repairs were made to roof lines.
- ‘Hardi trim’ was installed under the vinyl siding, to seal skirting.
- New pier installed to replace rotted one.
- Entire house and front porch leveled. (However, now we have tears in sheetrock in pretty much every room, which I knew would happen…we just had to bite the bullet on this one.)
- Copper pipe that broke during this process now fixed. (I love running water!!)
- Scheduled more foundation work to address the way joists are positioned in the center of the house.
- We are a few days away from signing papers to secure our architect’s drawing services … he’ll provide detailed sketches for the general contractor. (I love that he lives in our neighborhood!)
- (I have found through consultations with this architect that more is needed than my lame sketches. Especially when dealing with a house of this age, and the unique materials that were used in its initial construction.)
- We are close to a final design!! Yes!!
- We are very close to determining a size for the deck — one that will be coming off the back of the house, from the kitchen.
MASTER BATH REMODEL
- Tub has been ordered and is on its way.
- Fixtures arrived yesterday.
- Work scheduled to begin March 30. Yipppe!! (Gotta love a working bathroom.)
- Four recessed led ‘cans’ were installed in the living room. And this has pretty much changed our life — I think we were going blind with the lack of lighting…but NOW WE CAN SEE. Can I get an AMEN??