AUSTIN, TEXAS — It’s Saturday and I can’t wait to get to market. People are gonna kill me for saying this, but if you get there at 9 a.m. there’s free parking right next to the tents…it fills up by 10 a.m., so this post is gonna be short.
There are gonna be ‘maters, ‘maters, ‘maters … so I’m thinking about that and what I need to cook up from the fridge. I’ve got sliced onions, mushrooms, so I’m thinkin with the tomatoes I can make up a nice summer squash/Italian goulash thing.
So here’s what I’m thinking ‘menu-wise’ for today, Sunday and Monday:
– LUNCH: Kale/Spinach salad with diced purple onion and vinaigrette, topped with cherry tomatoes. (Maybe throw in some baked tofu cubes from the Whole Foods bar.)
– DINNER: Skillet mushrooms, onions, summer squash and pour on some homemade tomato sauce from the Vitamix…Use whole wheat spirals or brown rice.
PREP: Make marinade or buy (Sunday cookout), Make sesame tamari vinigrette for Buddha Bowl. (Move hummus packs from freezer to fridge.) Marinade chicken and tofu for cookout.
To buy at market or grocery: Dino Kale, Sweet Potato, Sesame Tamari Seeds, Gardener’s Feast Blue Corn Tortillas (non-GMO), purple cabbage, squash, carrots, cilantro, limes, and/or any rices/beans that look interesting. (Firm Tofu needed.)
Bananas, Ezekiel pita pockets, Baked Tostadas, and Fitness Bread (Whole Foods).
– Lunch: Kitchen sink salad with purple cabbage, tamari seeds, purple onion, black beans, corn, tomatoes. With a vinigrette of some kind. (Prep grill.)
– Dinner: Cookout, possibly block of tofu grilled and marinated organic chicken breasts. Grilled veggies.
– Lunch: Greek inspired pita pocket with leftover grilled chicken, cucumber, feta, etc.
– Dinner: Black bean tostadas topped with purple cabbage, tomatoes, cilantro, guacamole.